Offgrid Residential Electrical Design – Timed & Monitored Recorded Webinar
Author: John Cromer
This timed and monitored recorded webinar focuses on residential systems, however, the material components are similar to what would be suitable for commercial battery projects up to 50kW. Most grid-tied residential solar batteries are small and intended for back-up only. What are the considerations when planning an off-grid residential electrical system?
Growth in battery manufacturing is reducing costs of lithium ion batteries. While off-grid living is still expensive, it has never been more within reach. In certain cases, the cost of grid expansion can result in a happy off-grid solar customer. Learn more about what it takes to size a system for off-grid residential solar living.
This program covers electrical offgrid solar sizing principles and technical component discussion. The goal is to better understand the risks of offgrid living, to improve system reliability and value optimization during the project planning stage.
This program was written by a NABCEP-certified PV installer and mechanical engineer to help technical professionals better understand solar and battery project scope.
PDH-Pro’s “Timed and Monitored” courses meet the Ohio board requirements (Ohio R.C. section 4733.151). As required, we track hours and provide a certificate of completion that indicates the course is “timed and monitored” to facilitate your renewal. We guarantee course acceptance.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identify local solar performance during cloudy weather conditions to improve reliability.
- Evaluate the technical capabilities of off-grid battery inverters to improve project planning.
- Perform a sizing example for off-grid residential new construction to build design skill.
- Understand the design risks of low and high voltage battery banks to improve safety.
- Review component specification sheets to increase technical knowledge.
- Learn how to manage electrical loads and optimize appliance selection.
- Detail wiring diagrams of residential-sized offgrid systems to improve technical proficiency.
- Understand common balance-of-system material to improve system professionalism.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors.
This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!