America’s Greatest Projects and Their Engineers V
Author: Dominic Perrotta
During the past 150 years, Americans have achieved phenomenal success and ultimately became the greatest nation in the history of the world. Notwithstanding the many inventions created by Americans, such as the electric light bulb, the telephone, and the internet, the United States also produced some of the greatest and most beneficial projects in the modern era. This course features a synopsis of one of those great projects: the Hoover Dam. The fact that this project has stood the test of time – for more than eighty years – is a strong testament to the engineers who designed this tremendously successful project as well as the project managers and construction companies that made the timely and sometimes very difficult decisions required to complete it.
The Boulder (later named Hoover) Dam was unique in its size and scope of work, and it was finally approved and designed and constructed during the heart of the worldwide depression. While many Americans may consider this project to be a construction project, an engineer might see it with a different perspective. Without the support of individual engineers and the vision of quality project managers, this project could not have achieved the success it did.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of sixteen (16) questions to earn 3 PDH credits
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how this project benefits modern engineers in particular.
- Understand the obstacles early engineers, managers, and contractors confronted.
- Understand the role between government engineers and the construction companies.
- Discover how safety and health issues of the workforce as well as the engineers were not a primary concern to some.
- Follow the techniques and strategies of the engineers who achieved outstanding and long-term success.
- Learn how early engineers coped with limited technologies and resources.
- Discover how leadership played such a major factor in this significant project.
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!