Author: Velimir Lackovic
Current transformers are a specific transformer configuration used for current measurement. The common engineering laws are applicable to the current transformers and can be used in their design. The most important roles of current transformers are:
- To transform currents, from a high value to a value that can be easily handled by protection relays and associated instruments
- To separate and insulate the metering circuit from the high voltage
- To provide options for standardization of instruments and protection relays with rated currents
This course is suitable for engineers with a desire to understand the fundamentals of current transformers. This course covers measurement error, protection and measurement cores, accuracy classes, core selection and necessary technical requirements that current transformers have to meet. Upon successful completion engineers will be able to address various current transformer terms, specific classes, application purposes and overall core selection process.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 3 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Current transformer measurement error
- Metering cores
- Protection cores
- Current transformer core selection
- Current transformer technical requirements
- Current transformers specific requirements for different relay protection applications
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!