Design, Construction, and Operation of Petroleum Pipelines
The U.S. liquid petroleum pipeline industry is large, diverse, and vital to the nation’s economy. Comprised of approximately 200,000 miles of pipe in all fifty states, liquid petroleum pipelines carry more than 40 million barrels per day, or 4 trillion barrel-miles, of crude oil and refined products. This course is intended for participants needing a broad understanding of the planning, development, construction, start-up, and operating and asset integrity management of onshore pipelines.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the design, construction, and operation of petroleum pipelines with a focus on regulations and code compliance requirements, pipeline survey and routing, proper system sizing and design, and equipment selection criteria. It addresses facilities sites and design concerns, construction methods and contracting approaches, and operation and asset integrity related to pipeline management.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of sixty (60) questions to earn 12 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Apply regulatory codes, standards, and industry guidelines (API and others) that control and guide the permitting, design, construction, operation and maintenance of pipeline facilities.
- Apply mechanical and physical principles to pipeline design, hydraulics and material selection.
- Identify special design and construction challenges of onshore pipeline systems.
- Identify the principle interfaces and potential interrelationships of pipeline facilities such as pump stations and terminals on design and operations.
- Apply operational and maintenance tools and procedures to pipeline systems including system monitoring and control, leak detection, custody measurement and quality control, asset integrity management, efficient and safe operations and emergency response capability.
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.