Design Your Solar Roof – Timed & Monitored Recorded Webinar
Author: John Cromer
This timed and monitored recorded webinar is a four hour introduction to solar design that places you behind the desk of a professional solar installer. Learn installation and design tips while learning how to design and specify rooftop solar projects of any size. This class will cover fundamentals of solar project design, including array layout, performance estimating, shade analysis, interconnection strategy, battery sizing, and load control. This is an introductory course designed for experienced building professionals and is essential for any architect, engineer, project manager, or contractor interested in adding solar power to their existing skillset.
No prior solar experience is necessary, but this is no ordinary introduction to solar. Even solar field professionals will benefit from the design fundamentals discussed. In four hours, you will understand terms and components, as well as how complete project permit documents are assembled. Multiple strategies are discussed to implement cost-effective onsite power management projects on site even in regions where solar buyback rates are low.
Solar power is only 3% of the USA electricity market and less than half of that is rooftop solar. But many buildings have the potential to generate more power than they consume, as well as take advantage of smaller purpose built systems. Learn the latest in design practices while learning how to best implement renewables on a home or business.
PDH-Pro’s “Timed and Monitored” courses meet the Ohio board requirements (Ohio R.C. section 4733.151). As required, we track hours and provide a certificate of completion that indicates the course is “timed and monitored” to facilitate your renewal. We guarantee course acceptance.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Estimate solar array production and compare against facility energy use
- Consider array layout strategy to benefit density, aesthetics, or safe installation
- Understand 3D shade analysis techniques to understand irregular object shading (such as trees) can be modeled into performance estimating
- Use manufacturer sizing tools to finalize designs and convert into material list for bidding
- Walk through the site evaluation process to develop a computer-generated single line diagram
- Learn cable management techniques to improve construction and operational safety
- Evaluate right-sizing to optimize utility rate structures for onsite renewables and storage
- Understand how digital controls and monitoring can add value to energy infrastructure and planning.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors.
This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!