Electrical Design of Hydroelectric Power Plants
This course provides an overview of the electrical design of hydroelectric power plants. It offers guidance and assistance for design engineers looking to prepare electrical designs for new hydroelectric power plants. The manual was developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers for engineers responsible for preparing electrical designs for hydroelectric power plants for civil works facilities.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty (30) questions to earn 6 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Basic Switching Provisions
- Generators, Power Transformers, High Voltage Systems, Grounding Systems
- Generator Voltage Systems, Station Service Systems, Control Systems, Lighting and Receptacle Systems
- Annunciation Systems, Communication Systems
- Conduit and Tray Systems, Wire and Cable
- Procedure for Power house design
- Direct Current Systems
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.