Energy Management for Motor Driven Systems
This course provides guidance and direction to establish a facility energy-management program, to identify and evaluate energy conservation opportunities involving motor-driven equipment, and to design a motor improvement plan. It illustrates how to use measured information to determine the load imposed on the motor by driven equipment and its efficiency at that load point. This course provides advice regarding the assessment of new motor purchase, repair, downsizing, and replacement decisions and shows how to incorporate findings into a motor improvement plan. It also gives examples illustrating the sensitivity of power factor correction benefits to utility rate schedules.
These actions enable engineers to:
- Reduce energy costs,
- Improve motor-driven system reliability and efficiency,
- Increase productivity, and
- Minimize unscheduled downtime.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of forty-five (45) questions to earn 9 PDH credit.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- How to set up a successful energy management program
- How to use utility bills, plant production data, and utility rate information to “target” potentially cost-effective energy conservation, demand reduction and power factor correction opportunities
- Plant distribution system troubleshooting and “tune-up” tips
- A description of motor testing instruments and field survey techniques
- Methodologies for analyzing motor improvement opportunities
- How to determine the dollar benefits associated with appropriate energy conservation and demand reduction actions
- Motor improvement planning basics
- Power factor correction assessment techniques
- How to establish both preventative and predictive maintenance programs
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.