FL Laws and Rules for Engineers
This course covers the laws and rules governing the practice of engineering as defined in Chapter 471, Florida Statutes. This course covers all the recent changes to the laws and rules that govern the practice of engineering in the state of Florida.
The course starts with a brief overview of the sections of . This course is approved by the State of Florida as a FL Laws and Rules course.
In this 1-hour online course, background on the Florida Administrative Code and the Florida Statutes that are applicable to professional engineers, as well as the roles of the Board and the Florida Engineering Management Corporation (FEMC) is presented and case studies on FL engineering disciplinary cases are examined in a variety of situations. This course is intended primarily for Florida engineers seeking to learn about the Florida laws and rules governing engineers and how to apply them to their professional practice.
Once you complete your course review, take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of ten (10) questions to earn 1 PDH credit.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of Florida Rules and Laws governing Florida Engineers.
- Know what Florida rules have been adopted, amended, or repealed during the immediately preceding biennium (2021-2023).
- Understand changes to Chapter 455 F.S., Relating to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Understand that changes were made to Chapter 471, F.S., The Florida Engineer Licensure Law.
- Apply the correct Seals to work stamped by licensee in accordance with Florida requirements. This is an example of a change made to Chapter 471 from the above section.
- Have knowledge of examples of disciplinary cases to see specific examples of improper engineering work.
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.