Hydrogen fuel cells present great promise for the future, and have significant advantages over the internal combustion engine or even hybrid power technologies for automobile use. There is, however, a need for infrastructure development for hydrogen production, storage and delivery, as well as for development of the fuel cells themselves. This course provides information about the history of the fuel cell, their principle of operation, and a comparison of fuel cells with other power sources. The course materials present various aspects of the hydrogen-based fuel cell and an introduction to several other fuels and fuel cell technologies.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 3 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Basic operating principles of the PEM fuel cell
- Advantages of converting chemical energy directly to electrical energy
- Comparison of fuel cells, internal combustion engines and batteries
- Characteristics of various types of fuel cells
- Alternative fuels (other than hydrogen) for fuel cells
- Electrochemistry of the hydrogen based fuel cell
- Components and the overall configuration of a PEM fuel cell
- Applications of fuel cells
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.