Hazardous Waste Identification
This course provides a very organized approach to evaluate whether a given waste is a hazardous waste regulated by EPA under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). The analysis begins with determining whether a given waste is considered a “solid waste” under the RCRA regulations and moving on to determining if it fits one of the RCRA requirements for being a hazardous waste.
In this 3-hour online course, students will gain knowledge about procedures for determining whether a given waste is a RCRA hazardous waste. This course is intended primarily for environmental, civil, and chemical engineers.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 3 PDH credit.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- the fundamentals of the hazardous waste identification process
- the definition of the term “solid waste” as used by RCRA
- the definition of hazardous waste
- how to identify listed hazardous wastes
- how to identify characteristic hazardous wastes
- interpretation of the ‘mixture’ and ‘derived-from’ rules
- interpretation of the ‘contained-in’ policy
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.