The transfer of heat is an integral part of many industrial processes. Moreover, heat transfer affects our everyday lives – from an oven heating our dinner to the wind cooling us on a hot summer day. Thus, it is important that the engineer understands how to apply the basic principles of heat transfer to solve real-world problems.
In this 4-hour online course, background information on the principles of heat transfer is presented in detail. The training materials include a thorough review of the three modes of heat transfer – conduction, convection, and radiation.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 4 PDH credit.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the thermal sciences
- Heat transfer (conduction, convection, and radiation)
- The affects specific parameters have on the rate of heat transfer
- Heat transfer definitions and terminology, including heat flux, thermal conductivity, LMTD, and heat transfer coefficients
- Conduction and the equivalent resistance formulas
- Convection and use of the overall heat transfer coefficient
- Radiant heat transfer, including black bodies, gray bodies and emissivity
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.