Installation, Operation and Maintenance of Central Boiler Plants
Central Boiler Plants are constructed primarily to produce an economical supply of energy for distribution at a facility. This energy may be in the form of steam, hot water, compressed air or electricity. A distribution system is necessary to carry this energy to buildings, hospitals, kitchens and laundries where it is used for heating, cooling, process, sterilization, and production of domestic hot water. Condensate or hot water is returned to the central boiler plant where it is reheated in a boiler and returned to the distribution system for recycle. This course focuses on the design and installation of central boiler plants and provides a detailed discussion of operation and maintenance procedures and practices. It addresses preventative maintenance, safety practices, and process optimization.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of forty-five (45) questions to earn 9 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- What is implied by forced draft, induced draft and natural draft boilers
- What are the various types of fuel and combustion equipment used in gas fired and oil fired applications
- How do you size a boiler for your application
- What are the essential safety practices for installation and operation of boilers
- What are the different types of hot water and steam boilers and how to identify fire tube and water tube boilers
- What are the essential components of boiler systems such as safety valves, instrumentation, venting and pressure control devices and how these interrelate
- What is the function of a feed water system and its primary components
- What is the theory behind combustion, water flow, heat transfer, oxygen, water, and fuel reactions
- What are the basic boiler performance testing methods and procedures
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.