Introduction to Hybrid Heat Pumps
Hybrid heat pump systems combine two traditional commercial HVAC building technologies – conventional water-cooled air conditioning and hydronic space heating, all in one package. This course provides an overview of the operation of hybrid heat pump systems and hybrid heat pump geothermal systems, including their energy savings, low electrical consumption, and efficient use of reclaimed heat.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Explain the operation of traditional reversing water source heat pump (WSHP) systems, hybrid heat pump systems, and hybrid heat pump geothermal systems
- Explain how a hybrid heat pump system maximizes the design advantages and eliminates the design disadvantages of a traditional WSHP system
- Identify the benefits of hybrid heat pump systems and hybrid heat pump geothermal systems in terms of their energy efficiency and cost savings
- Detail how hybrid heat pump systems and hybrid heat pump geothermal systems not only conserve energy but also reclaim “waste” heat and use it for a wide variety of heating purposes throughout an entire building
- Discuss how hybrid heat pump systems and hybrid heat pump geothermal systems provide occupants of a building with year round comfort (heating or cooling), low sound levels, and dehumidification when required
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.