Introduction to Oil Well Artificial Lift Systems – Timed & Monitored Recorded Webinar
Author: Ed Chesny
This timed and monitored recorded webinar provides an overview of the basic equipment used in lifting crude oil and natural gas from the subsurface reservoir to a tank battery facility in preparation for sale and use. It presents five different systems, what the equipment looks like and how it functions to facilitate the production and sales of hydrocarbon products.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn the conditions under which the major lift systems are best utilized.
- Learn the three major pumping systems used for lifting crude oil, natural gas, and salt-water for processing, collection, sale, or disposal.
- Beam or Rod Pumps
- Progressive Cavity Pumps (PCP)
- Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP)
- Learn the two lift systems using powered fluids to produce crude oil, natural gas, and salt-water for processing, collection, sale, or disposal.
- Gas Lift/Plunger Lift
- Hydraulic/Jet Pumps
- Describe how each artificial lift system is powered, monitored, controlled, and functions to facilitate hydrocarbon production.
- Describe the conditions under which the lift component parts best function, and how reservoir conditions can dictate which equipment should be used to optimize production and sales.
- Describe the conditions under which each lift system will not function properly and likely fail to produce optimally.
- Identify which lift equipment best handles tough well production conditions such as frac sand and substantial natural gas flow, either of which can restrict or curtail efficient operations.
- Provide historical background on the creation of each artificial lift system and how the manufacturers are working to improve them in the future.
- Describe the potential workplace challenges posed each artificial lift system and how good safety practices keep field personnel safe in the remote outdoor workplace.
PDH-Pro’s “Timed and Monitored” courses meet the Ohio board requirements (Ohio R.C. section 4733.151). As required, we track hours and provide a certificate of completion that indicates the course is “timed and monitored” to facilitate your renewal. We guarantee course acceptance.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn the different methods used to pump crude oil up-hole from a downhole reservoir to the surface.
- Recognize & understand the basic equipment utilized by each of the five (5) major artificial lift systems to achieve this goal.
- Recognize the capabilities & limitations of each type of crude oil lift equipment.
- Recognize & identify the equipment similarities and differences between each of the systems.
- Understand which type of artificial lift equipment is best suited for efficient production under variable reservoir conditions to surface tank battery facilities with a variety of handling and processing equipment.
- Learn how all the produced products are handled, isolated, sold, and/or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors.
This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!