Lightning and Static Electricity Protection Systems
This course is intended to assist electrical engineers in the development of the plans, specifications, and calculations for a lightning and static protection system. It outlines the technical requirements and identifies the new and revised industry standards. The course provides design requirements for static electricity protection, and lightning protection systems and related grounding for facilities and other structures.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 4 PDH credits
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Provide technical requirements for the design of a lightning and static protection system
- Be familiar with new and revised industry standards
- Understand static electricity and lightning hazards and mitigation strategies for various facilities
- Identify hazardous classified locations in accordance with NFPA 70
- Knowledge of the requirements of a facility lightning risk assessment
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.