Webinar: Introduction to Oil Well Acidizing Operations
Author: Ed Chesny
This Live Webinar course introduces the basics of oil well acidizing, one of the major oil and gas stimulation methods. An acidizing project is the process of preparing the reservoir then pumping a designed and blended acid downhole to stimulate the flow of oil and gas from a subsurface reservoir or boost the injectivity into a disposal zone. This webcast will discuss, display, and describe the equipment and materials used during an acid job and they function to facilitate the production and sales of hydrocarbon products under various reservoir conditions.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn the geological conditions under which acid stimulation treatments are best utilized.
- Learn how and why acidizing is used to enhance crude oil and natural gas production from certain types of subsurface reservoirs.
- Describe how acidizing chemically works to stimulate reservoir rock and facilitate hydrocarbon production.
- Describe the conditions under which acids and blends best function to optimize production and sales.
- Describe the conditions under which acidizing does not function to optimize productivity.
- Provide historical background on the origins, growth, and evolution of acid stimulation and how the pumping service companies involved are continually working to improve them.
- Describe the potential workplace challenges posed by acid stimulation projects and how good safety practices keep field personnel safe and efficient in the remote outdoor workplace.
This Live Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- What is acidizing and why is it utilized in oil & gas well stimulations during completions and workovers.
- Learn what analyses are used when preparing to pump an acidizing stimulation treatment.
- Understand the roles played in the acidizing process of:
- Operating companies
- Wireline contractors
- Pressure pumping contractors
- Other independent contractors
- Learn how a formation dominant lithology dictates how an acid treatment is designed & implemented.
- Learn what steps, products, and services are needed to support oil well acidizing operations.
- Recognize and understand the role of each piece of equipment needed to acid treat an oil well.
- Understand the acidizing processes and that the chemical blend used for the work depends on the reservoir conditions.
- Understand the final product of the acid treatment is a well prepared to produce crude oil and/or natural gas at a higher more profitable rate.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.