Webinar: Introduction to Oil Well Production Chemicals
Author: Ed Chesny
This Live Webinar course introduces the problems associated with oilfield production and the chemical treatment methods that are used to solve them. These chemicals help provide flow assurance of the products, oil and water separation, while maintaining facility asset integrity. This course details the numerous underlying problems that chemicals work to rectify when producing, separating, transporting, and processing crude oil and natural gas products from the wellhead to the refinery.
The webinar steps you through the processes and tools used to collect, study, and evaluate the produced liquids for the scale of the underlying problems. Then how the fluids are treated, moved, separated, aggregated, stored, and transferred for sale as these hydrocarbon products. Many of the chemical problems encountered in nature are mixed and overlapping, consequently the possible solutions are numerous, multiple, and complicated. In fact, some of the more common solutions used today are slowly being displaced by more effective and ecologically favorable, but costlier alternatives that provide a clean saleable product while maintaining a healthier natural environment. Cost versus value added is always part of economic decision making.
This Live Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the process of field data collection, analysis, preparation, and solution distribution surrounding the treatment of chemically related problems in the oil & gas industry.
- Learn about the problems and challenges faced by engineers to assure continuous un-interrupted flow through production, transportation, and processing pipeline facilities.
- Learn what chemicals are utilized for “Flow Assurance” through the production, transportation, and processing networks.
- Learn about the problems and challenges related to “Oil-Water Separation” in flowlines and vessels.
- Learn about the chemicals and equipment used to optimize “Oil-Water Separation” in vessels and through flow systems.
- Learn the problems and challenges relating to maintain production “Asset Integrity” while protecting oil & gas equipment and