Webinar: Introduction to Oil Well Progressive Cavity Pump Systems
Author: Ed Chesny
This Live Webinar course introduces the basics of a progressive cavity pump (PCP) systems, one of the five major oil and gas artificial lift systems and the three crude oil pumping systems. This is a method of lifting crude oil and natural gas from the subsurface reservoir and moving it to a tank battery facility in preparation for sale and use. This webcast will display what surface and downhole equipment used in progressive cavity pumping systems look like and how they function to facilitate the production and sales of hydrocarbon products under both normal and challenging reservoir conditions.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn how the PCP systems are used to lift crude oil, natural gas, and salt-water for processing, collection, sale, or disposal.
- Recognize & understand the equipment and how it functions to achieve production and sales goals.
- Learn the conditions under which progressive cavity pump (PCP) systems are best utilized.
- Provide historical background on the creation PCP systems and how the equipment manufacturers are continually working to improve them.
- Describe how a PCP is powered, monitored, controlled, and adjusted to facilitate hydrocarbon production.
- Describe the conditions under which the PCP components part best function, and how reservoir conditions dictate which specific equipment design should be used to optimize production and sales.
- Describe the conditions under which a PCP system will not function properly or fail to produce optimally.
This Live Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how PCP’s produced crude oil products are handled, processed, sold, and/or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Recognize and identify the similarities and differences in equipping a PCP versus other artificial lift pumping systems.
- Recognize the capabilities & limitations of PCP’s.
- Learn and understand the surface operating conditions and sub-surface reservoir conditions under which a PCP is best suited for efficient performance.
- Learn why this niche pumping system has the best performance in a variety of applications in very challenging environments.
- Describe the potential workplace challenges posed by a PCP system installation and learn how good safety practices keep field personnel safe in the remote outdoor workplace.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.