Webinar: Introduction to Plunger Lift Systems
Author: Ed Chesny
This Live Webinar course provides an overview of the basics of a plunger lift production system, one of the five major oil and gas artificial lift systems. That is a method of lifting crude oil and natural gas from the subsurface reservoir to a tank battery facility in preparation for sale and use. This webcast will display what the equipment used in plunger lift looks like and how it functions to facilitate the production and sales of hydrocarbon products.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn the conditions under which plunger lift systems are best utilized.
- Learn how plunger lift methodology used to lift crude oil up-hole from the downhole reservoir to the surface.
- Learn some historical background on plunger lift systems and how the manufacturers are continually working to improve them.
- Recognize & understand the basic equipment used by plunger lift systems to achieve production goals.
- Recognize the capabilities & limitations of plunger lift.
- Describe how plunger lift tools are powered, monitored, controlled, and functions to facilitate hydrocarbon production.
This Live Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn the conditions under which the major lift systems are best utilized.
- Learn how plunger lift systems use powered gas to produce crude oil, natural gas, and salt-water for processing, collection sale, or disposal.
- Provide historical background on the evolution of this lift system over time.
- Describe the conditions under which plunger lift component parts best function, and how reservoir conditions dictate which equipment should be used to optimize production and sales.
- Describe the conditions under which a plunger lift system will not function properly or fail to produce optimally.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.