Paint and LEED V4
Paints and coatings, which impact a building’s overall sustainability, represent two LEED credits in LEED 2009: Low Emitting Materials and Heat Island Effect. In LEED V4, paints may contribute to five credits. These five credits include: Low Emitting Materials, Heat Island Reduction/Cool Roofing, Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Environmental Product Declarations, Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Sourcing of Raw Materials and Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Material Ingredients. This course reviews the credit intents, explains credit requirements and describes where to find materials to meet the requirements of the credits.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the motivation behind LEED v4.
- List the paint and coating requirements for the Heat Island Reduction and Cool Roofing category.
- Describe the types of declarations required for the Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Environmental Product Declaration credit, and what an Environmental Product Declaration is.
- Describe the types of reporting required for the Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Sourcing of Raw Materials credit.
- Describe the types of reporting or certifications required for material ingredient reporting and material ingredient optimization for the Building Product Disclosure and Optimization, Material Ingredients credit.
- Describe the changes to the Low Emitting Products credit and the requirements for both VOC emissions and content.
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.