Recorded Webinar: Introduction to Gas Lift Systems
Author: Ed Chesny
This On-Demand webinar provides an overview of the basics of a gas lift production system, one of the five major oil and gas artificial lift systems. That is method of lifting crude oil and natural gas from a subsurface reservoir to a tank battery facility in preparation for sale and use. This webcast will display what the equipment used in gas lift looks like and how it functions to facilitate the production and sales of hydrocarbon products.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn the conditions under which gas lift systems are best utilized.
- Learn how gas lift systems use gas power to produce crude oil, natural gas, & salt-water for processing, collection sale, or disposal.
- Provide historical background on the creation of gas lift systems and how the manufacturers are continually working to improve them.
- Describe how gas lift is powered, monitored, controlled, and functions to facilitate hydrocarbon production.
- Describe the conditions under which gas lift component parts best function, and how reservoir conditions dictate which specific equipment should be used to optimize production and sales.
This Recorded Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how gas lift methodology is used to lift crude oil up-hole from the downhole reservoir to the surface.
- Provide some historical background on the evolution of gas lift systems over time.
- Recognize & understand the basic equipment utilized by this artificial lift system to achieve this goal.
- Recognize the capabilities & limitations of gas lift.
- Recognize and identify the similarities in equipping this versus other lift systems.
- Describe the conditions under which a gas lift system will not function properly or fail to produce optimally.
- Understand why gas lift equipment is best suited for efficient production under certain reservoir conditions into surface tank battery facilities with a variable handling & processing equipment.
- Describe the potential workplace challenges posed by a gas lift installation and how good safety practices keep field personnel safe in the remote outdoor workplace.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.