Recorded Webinar: Introduction to Oil & Gas Production Separators
Author: Ed Chesny
This On-Demand webinar introduces the basic equipment used in crude oil and natural gas separation at a field tank battery facility. The course reviews what separators look like, describes their function, and how they are used in processing hydrocarbon products for sale.
Other key topics covered in this coursework include:
- Learn the conditions under which the major separation vessels are utilized.
- Identification and description of the equipment and their parts used for the separation processes.
- Provide description of two-phase and three-phase separation equipment and how they are utilized differently.
- Describe how the produced fluid components, working pressures, and production rates dictate which equipment is used in any given scenario.
- Describe how separating vessels are commonly used in series to produce relatively pure crude oil and natural gas products.
- Identify the vessels and equipment used to clean gas flow prior to use or sale.
- Identify how gas vapors are removed from crude oil stock tanks to prevent venting, recovering saleable and/or usable hydrocarbon products.
- Identify how frac sand and other produced solids are removed from the fluid flow stream to prevent flowline restrictions and maintain efficient operations.
- Description of the potential challenges and how standardized safety practices keep oilfield personnel and the remote outdoor workplace safe and uneventful.
This Recorded Webinar course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn the variety of ways crude oil is separated from produced salt-water, natural gas, and solids for additional processing, collection, sale, or disposal.
- Learn how the residual or byproducts of crude oil separation are handled.
- Recognize which piece of equipment best accomplishes hydrocarbon separation under given conditions.
- Learn about the internal vessel equipment that facilitates salt-water, natural gas, and solids removal from a crude oil stream.
- Understand the role of each type of separating vessel & why it is best suited for certain conditions.
- Understand how separating requirements may vary greatly depending on the produced fluids, final product requirements, and environmental conditions.
- Understand why many vessels may best utilized in series to achieve the optimal product separation and yield.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This course is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.