Right-sizing Residential Solar Power – Timed & Monitored Recorded Webinar
Author: John Cromer
This timed and monitored recorded webinar will teach you how to determine the right relationship between a DC solar array size and the inverter output capacity, and then advance your knowledge of array layouts, module circuit locations, racking layouts, and other sizing issues. It also takes an in-depth look at how local grid policy impacts solar design. While battery storage is covered in more detail in other classes, this class helps the attendee determine if battery storage is a necessity as well as how to plan for storage as lithium ion technology comes to market.
Solar power projects are expensive and electricity value changes throughout the country. How do you determine what solar project size is right for your home? Learn to right-size a solar array based on various local inputs, including utility buyback rates, project size, and battery storage. The relationship between DC array size and AC inverter output size can lead to confusion.
This class goes beyond continuing education to focus on skill training for technical professionals looking to add solar design scope to their skillset.
PDH-Pro’s “Timed and Monitored” courses meet the Ohio board requirements (Ohio R.C. section 4733.151). As required, we track hours and provide a certificate of completion that indicates the course is “timed and monitored” to facilitate your renewal. We guarantee course acceptance.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Discuss the relationship between DC array size and AC inverter capacity to better understand system efficiency.
- Understand how the supply chain can impact system design optimization.
- Explore online resources to determine utility requirements and design constraints.
- Perform circuit designs for one pallet of solar panels on different kinds of popular inverter systems to improve technical proficiency.
- Understand how changes material selection can impact system design for project planning.
- Determine a battery size needed for efficient “zero outflow” residential operation to accommodate any utility policy.
- Establish a budget and simple payback to improve professional knowledge.
- Identify best practices in array layout planning.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors.
This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.
Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective way to fulfill your mandatory PDH requirements. Get started in minutes; all of our online courses are available immediately after purchasing. Our system allows you to get those last minute hours when you need them the most!