Roadway Signs I
Author: Gregory Taylor
This 3-hour course is the first of two in this series that focuses on how to effectively use signs to guide roadway traffic, and thereby reduce your liability exposure. Traffic signs are the primary communication devices used for informing drivers of regulations, roadway conditions, etc. within work zones. The goal is to provide drivers with relevant information when they need it – resulting in safer, more efficient roadways with reduced liability risks.
The contents of this course are intended to serve as guidance and not as an absolute standard or rule. The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways (MUTCD) 2009 Edition- Part 2 will serve as a course reference for the fundamental design principles of traffic signs. The MUTCD is recognized as the national standard for all traffic control devices installed on any street, highway, bikeway, or private road open to public travel. Should there be any discrepancies between the contents of this course and the MUTCD – always follow the MUTCD.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills
- Becoming familiar with the specific meanings of “shall”, “should”, and “may”
- Knowing the basic requirements of traffic control devices
- Understanding retroreflectivity
- Recognizing the sign categories and their usage
- Becoming familiar with location and placement considerations for signs
- Understanding Regulatory signs and their applications
- Recognizing Warning signs and their applications
- Becoming familiar with Intersection signing considerations
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.