Roadway Signs II
Author: Gregory Taylor
Traffic signs are the primary communication devices used for informing drivers of regulations, roadway conditions, etc. within work zones. The goal is to provide drivers with relevant information when they need it – resulting in safer, more efficient roadways with reduced liability risks.
This 3-hour course discusses how to effectively use signs to guide roadway traffic, and thereby reduce your liability exposure. The contents of this course are intended to serve as guidance and not as an absolute standard or rule. Its purpose is to help you to use the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) – Part 2 more effectively and not replace it. Should there be any discrepancies between the contents of this course and the MUTCD – always follow the MUTCD.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills
- Becoming familiar with Curve warning sign design
- Recognizing the use and application of object markers
- Understanding Incident Management signs and their applications
- Knowing Guide signs and their applications
- Recognizing Recreational and Cultural Interest signs
- Understanding Toll Road signs and their applications
- Being familiar with Preferential and Managed Lane signs/applications
- Knowing General Information signs and their applications
- Recognizing General Service signs and their applications
- Understanding Specific Service signs and their applications
- Becoming familiar with Tourist-Oriented Directional signs
- Understanding Changeable Message Signs
- Recognizing Emergency Management signs and their applications
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.