This course provides a detailed overview of thermodynamics including thermodynamic principles in practical industrial, commercial and residential applications. The student will comprehend, analyze and solve various types of practical thermodynamic problems through several case studies. Laws, equations, graphs, charts, tables and diagrams, pertaining to various thermodynamics concepts, are covered and utilized in the analysis and solution of the case study problems.
In this 12-hour online course, background on the principles of thermodynamics and the properties of fluids is presented in detail. The training materials include a thorough review of the three modes of heat transfer – conduction, convection, and radiation; and the fluid flow, and the energy relationships in fluid systems.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty-five (35) questions to earn 12 PDH credit.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the thermal sciences
- Thermodynamics and the properties of fluids
- Energy concepts and extension/application of the law of conservation of energy
- Conversion of thermal energy to electricity through steam turbines and electric generators
- Understanding and application of Steam Tables
- Fundamental and essential concepts such as entropy, enthalpy, heat of fusion, heat of sublimation, latent and sensible heat
- Thermodynamic processes, Heat engine cycles
- Psychrometric analysis and refrigeration cycle related numerical analysis utilizing Pressure –Enthalpy Charts
Download the Course to review and begin earning your PDH credits.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.