Live Webinar: Advancing Solar Professionalism
Author: John Cromer
When it comes time to install a solar power array, what installation and safety tips are worth knowing? This program blends together a discussion of workmanship, project safety, project tools, engineering calculations, and installation techniques to help those already planning a solar project to extend their project knowledge that much further. This program compliments our other solar-themed programs by instructor John Cromer, serving as a catch-all to cover topics previously not discussed in other programs.
This Live Webinar serves as good solar training for any technical professional considering adding a solar power project to their home or business, with a little more emphasis on field skills than in the other more design-oriented programs. Sometimes, building professionals need a class focused on advanced project details for both the project manager and crew when preparing for an electrical installation. If you are thinking about obtaining industry certification or are planning a solar project in the future, this class is for you.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understand solar industry certification can compliment a professional engineering career.
- Detail advanced electrical system material.
- Identify key roofing components, loads, and warranty issues.
- Review project permit documentation including interconnection applications.
- Identify site safety issues common to solar project sites.
- Discuss proper material handling of solar panels, inverters, and racking systems.
- Understand how installation procedure impacts code compliance
- Review industry construction practices such as squaring a racking system or flashing a flat roof penetration.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.