Live Webinar: Commercial Solar Battery Sizing
Author: John Cromer
This Live Webinar course presents an introduction to designing commercial solar batteries. It provides a method to size the solar array and battery, reviews lithium battery types and their applications, and reviews costs of various batteries. This course will teach you to “right-size” a solar array for onsite storage based on the project budget.
The commercial solar battery market is the fastest growing, most cost-effective industry market segment within the United States. Unlike off-grid design, a commercial solar battery may only be used a few hours a month to achieve maximum system payback. Knowledge of project financing can overcome financial considerations of the site host. Each commercial load profile tells a story of the facility’s energy use. Learn how to understand that story, to right-size a commercial solar battery for maximum profit!
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Explore why batteries are creating growth by adding value to the commercial solar market.
- Size a solar array and battery based on building interval data to help the electric grid.
- Discuss lithium ion battery types to select the best battery for the electric load to optimize use of rare earth materials.
- Understand how expensive batteries can result in quick paybacks through facility demand management to improve grid resiliency.
- Learn how to “right-size” a solar array for onsite storage to optimize project budget.
- Identify operating mode differences such as grid-charging, solar-charge, and zero-outflow design practices
- Develop a design philosophy for modeling commercial batteries.
- Review commercial battery code requirements for health, safety, and welfare.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.