Live Webinar: Right-sizing Residential Solar Power
Author: John Cromer
This Live Webinar course will teach you how to determine the right relationship between a DC solar array size and the inverter output capacity, and then advance your knowledge of array layouts, module circuit locations, racking layouts, and other sizing issues. It also takes an in-depth look at how local grid policy impacts solar design. While battery storage is covered in more detail in other classes, this class helps the attendee determine if battery storage is a necessity as well as how to plan for storage as lithium ion technology comes to market.
Solar power projects are expensive and electricity value changes throughout the country. How do you determine what solar project size is right for your home? Learn to right-size a solar array based on various local inputs, including utility buyback rates, project size, and battery storage. The relationship between DC array size and AC inverter output size can lead to confusion.
This class goes beyond continuing education to focus on skill training for technical professionals looking to add solar design scope to their skillset.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Discuss the relationship between DC array size and AC inverter capacity to better understand system efficiency.
- Understand how the supply chain can impact system design optimization.
- Explore online resources to determine utility requirements and design constraints.
- Perform circuit designs for one pallet of solar panels on different kinds of popular inverter systems to improve technical proficiency.
- Understand how changes material selection can impact system design for project planning.
- Determine a battery size needed for efficient “zero outflow” residential operation to accommodate any utility policy.
- Establish a budget and simple payback to improve professional knowledge.
- Identify best practices in array layout planning.
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.