Live Webinar: Solar Power Material Selection
Author: John Cromer
This Live Webinar has been specifically written for engineers or other building professionals to learn the fundamentals of solar electric material selection, with an emphasis on rooftop solar. It reviews the cost implications when evaluating technical differences in product classes. For audiences interested in learning about the technical differences in solar panels, inverters and racking systems, this class is for you.
Thoughtful material selection can be the critical design step that maintains project quality and value. This is an introductory program written for a technical audience. There is content relevant to both residential and commercial projects. Whether thinking about solar professionally or as a DIY expansion to your home, this is the best place to get started.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how to evaluate a solar panel based on its specification sheet.
- Learn how a solar panel performance relates to warranty issues to improve general understanding.
- Understand the differences between string inverters, DC optimizers, and micro-inverters for code-compliant design.
- Review nuances in rooftop racking systems to improve technical proficiency.
- Discuss various rooftop and ground mount racking approaches to improve knowledge.
- Develop knowledge of balance of system material for increased professionalism.
- Discuss solar supply chain optimization to improve design planning.
- Highlight material necessary for solar interconnections
Note: This is a live webinar delivered via GoToMeeting. Login instructions will be emailed to you 24-48 hours prior to the webinar and the morning of the webinar. If you have not received your instructions for any reason please call customer support the day of the event. Webinars are live and interactive and students will have the ability to directly interact with and ask questions of the presenter.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors. This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. Before purchasing this course, please confirm that your state Board is listed above.