NEC for Onsite Energy – Timed & Monitored Recorded Webinar
Author: John Cromer
This timed and monitored recorded webinar reviews sections of NEC specific to onsite solar and batteries, including NEC 2020 updates on rapid shutdown and batteries. This class is perfect for improving onsite electrical knowledge of solar or batteries to improve project planning, technical proficiency, or industry certification. The most popular items of National Electric Code as related to solar design and batteries are discussed, with similarities and differences between residential and commercial project requirements.
This course is written for building professionals seeking to improve their knowledge of National Electric Code and understanding of electricity in general.
PDH-Pro’s “Timed and Monitored” courses meet the Ohio board requirements (Ohio R.C. section 4733.151). As required, we track hours and provide a certificate of completion that indicates the course is “timed and monitored” to facilitate your renewal. We guarantee course acceptance.
This course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identify the rules governing solar and battery interconnections for project planning.
- Review battery room clearance, ventilation, and fire code requirements to improve safety.
- Learn solar conductor sizing rules to improve technical proficiency.
- Understand the latest changes to rapid shutdown and what it means for rooftop solar module-level panel electronics.
- Develop a strategy for locating system disconnect switches.Review code differences between residential and commercial battery rooms.
Understand the dangers of onsite storage and how they relate to National Electric Code.
- Highlight differences between backup and emergency power systems.
We provide technical courses for PDH credits that meet Board requirements for Professional Engineers, Geologists and Land Surveyors.
This courses is guaranteed to be accepted in AK, AL, AR, GA, IA, IL, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY. B